18 March 2015

Gender inequality against man

Yesterday I was at Big Bazar in queue for billing. There was a senior citizen with less items then mine behind me, I requested him to go ahead of me.

It was my turn now and before I could give my first item for billing, a women (around her 30s) cut the line and gave her item for billing. I got angry but as you know, if a women misbehaves in public, there is nothing really I can do. So, controlling myself I said as politely as possible, "Excuse me". I think she conveniently ignored it.

Then I took her item put it back in her basket and gave my billing items to person at counter and told him to do my billing first.

To this, she turn to me and said "There are only two items". I replied "But you should at least ask, I am in hurry too".

On this she said "This is very rude, I have not seen any man behaving like this to any women". I guess she was angry and spoke in high tone so that people around can hear her, but I ignore it because I was scared that I am man.

‪#‎Equality‬

I would like everyone to watch this video and ponder about it

No comments: